We’ve got some quick fixes for you! The highlights are:
- Fixed a bug where the button was not displayed after calling in Commander UAV.
- Attempted fix for a server crash that sometimes happened when respawning on Insurgency game mode as a Squad leader.
- Fixed CAF squad leaders not being able to call in airstrikes.
- Fixed CAF fireteam leaders not having a radial menu.
- Fixed a smoke grenade performance issue.
- Attempted fix for a client crash that could sometimes happen to commanders mid-game.
- Improved the view from the UAV to have less dancing lines caused by Z-fighting.
This should restore the necessary updates to the Canadian Armed Forces, making them fully ready to roll again! Speaking of, they’ve also received a variety of updates, including a brand new vehicle. This release marks the start of continued efforts to crush bugs, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their Jira tickets. Plus content improvements. =)
Canadian Armed Forces Changelog
- Added TAPV Vehicle. It’s a Light Fast vehicle with great off-road capability and high ground clearance. Armed with CROWS M2 HMG.
- Added helicopters to the following CAF layers: Manic Gorodok Yehorivka Nanisivik. The CAF are using UH60’s on loan from the USA for the time being.
- Added CAF Pilot kit role.
- Added CAF Rifleman 01 kit role with C8A3 w/ EoTech (1 role per squad, unlocked at 6).
- Added CAF Rifleman 02 kit role with C8A3 w/ C79A2 (1 role per squad, unlocked at 6).
- Reduced Nanisivik to 2 map layers: Invasion v1 and RAAS v1.
- Reduced the frequency of LUV-A1 Light Transport on most map layers (mostly replaced by the TAPV). This small unarmed logistics vehicle will still retained in a limited capacity on some Invasion layers.
- Removed ammo rack from LAV6.
- Updated Manic-5, adding detailing to the middle POIs.
- Updated Manic-5 with “soft” map boundary for use with helicopters.
- Updated CAF Map Layer naming to a consistent standard: “CAF_mapname_gamemode_version” (version number is relative to CAF only).
- Adjusted minimum arming distance for CAF HAT (in-line with US HAT.)
- Adjusted CAF Sniper removed frag grenade.
- Adjusted CAF Combat Engineer kit role to be limited to 1 max /squad (2 max /team still).
- Adjusted CAF LAT kit role to have x1 M72 instead of x2.
- All CAF kits get minimum 2 smokes, Medics & SL get 4.
- Updated CAF SL kits: choice between 3 kits: C8 with EeTech, C8 w/ C79A2, C7A2 w/ C79A2.
- Added a AF SL variant character model now has a beret.
- Adjusted Automatic Rifleman (with C9 + C79A2) to now be part of the fire support kits instead of direct combat roles.
- Adjusted all kits without magnified optics to get binoculars.
- Updated Kamdesh RAAS v1 to be CAF vs RUS instead of CAF vs INS.
- Fixed mouths on CAF characters, their mouths now move when transmitting VOIP like the rest of Squad factions.
- Fixed LUV-A1 transport not having the ability to rearm for infantry.
- Fixed a bug when a CAF soldiers gets incapped, his equipped weapon will stay afloat
- Fixed naming format for CAF HAT munition types (in-line with US HAT.)
- Fixed a bug with Commander UAV button not appearing after deploying
- Fixed a server crash related to Commander abilities
- Commander: Map icon for Commander shows up on the Map as the SL’s Squad number, instead of a Star. This will be fixed in a future update to align the map CO icon with all the other icons for CO. (A star.)
- Commander: When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he will then hear all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were originally transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward.
- Commander: Artillery can destroy Indirect Fire Shelters (not intended).
- Commander: A-10 gun run & SU25 rocket strike sometimes lands way off-target. Working on a solution for this, to come in a future update.
- Commander – UAV camera view experiences dramatic z-fighting, especially at high levels of zoom. Working on a solution for this, to come in a future update.
- Helicopter Tail Rotor component currently can only take damage from collisions with ground, statics and other vehicles. Projectile damage to tail rotors will come in a future update.
- Helicopters have various handling tweaks, damage values and small bugs that will be addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters.
- Clients frequently crash at the end of a round, upon map switch due to a UE4 Particle Crash bug upon seamless map travel. Actively pursuing a fix for this crash.
- When clients get a crash to desktop and the Crash Reporter appears, pressing “Send and Restart Squad” will restart Squad without EAC, which will prevent players from joining most public servers. The workaround solution, for the time being, is to press “Send and Close”. A proper fix for this issue is under investigation.
- Occasional client crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent crash reports.
- Players will occasionally spawn without full ammo on their first spawn on a server. This occurs if a player was in the match during map switch but did not spawn in during the staging phase. Actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- Occasionally a player will not spawn at a Rally Point, this often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the exact same time. Actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
- Occasionally Self-bandaging fails. Actively investigating a fix for this issue.
- The CP Icon (Capture Point / Flag) will sometimes not show up on a client’s HUD in the RAAS game mode. This is related to the RAAS “Lanes” feature. Investigating a fix for this issue.
- Insurgent HAB still has a spawning issue where there’s a chance the player will spawn on top of the model instead of inside it. Actively investigating a fix for this bug.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the true synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution will be in the long term.
- Vehicles parking brake will get stuck “On” if a player exits the vehicle while holding the parking brake (Default Spacebar). When encountering a vehicle that appears healthy but is not able to move, try hitting Spacebar to turn the parking brake “Off’. Investigating a fix for this issue.
- “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen will freeze the client. The recommended solution, for now, is to run in the “Borderless” mode.
- Ammo rack component (on IFVs and Tanks) takes a very long time to repair.
- The audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad will need to be restarted to get the microphone to work again.
- SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses fire button for a short period of time, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds then you actually did.
- Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. Our plan is to push a full localization pass when we are much closer to full release and are locking down all the text that will need to be translated for the game.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander: Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander: UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander: CAS does not do damage in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range,if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope will remain on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.
- Fixed a bug where upon flying the handheld drone far away and back again, you would lose all your weapons until you respawn.
We're super excited to see CAF come into its own and we're very proud of the dedicated work the CAFMod team has put into making it shine! Enjoy the new chopper maps. =)